- Hello. I'm a User Interface Designer & Inventor from St. Louis, Missouri who's also into film making and game design. I worked a bit in film & commercials, freelanced shortly as a web developer, and now I'm working on my own projects. read more...
Subscribe by Email:Receive a tiny email alert when I post new articles.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
My dear readers; I’m sorry I’ve neglected you for almost a year. I’ve got new content, my first products, and new sites launching soon.
I have 2 new products launching (ToDoCal, 6 side status door hanger) that I’m awaiting in the mail, with a 3rd (high end fabric posters) launching the first half of next year, and a 4th already being sold on ebay (magnet pens). So I’m no longer doing freelancing. I can’t balance so many things and I have to focus on moving myself forward. You can continue to send inquiries and proposals as usual, you never know, we may be working on the same thing and might want to join forces. I’m willing to drop everything I’m doing that’s not-profitable for something that is profitable. But if you’re looking for a freelance designer, I’m afraid you might be better off with someone else that has time to dedicate to your project.
Now, this blog was suppose to be a collection of my ideas, inventions, creations, and client work. However numerous issues have popped up over the years:
- I have a 2 year and counting backlog of content for this blog. A lot of inventions and creations, especially UI based ones are no longer “new” or my inventions. And I’m starting to see a lot of concepts from years ago, being implemented in various and creative ways on mainstream sites. So I’ve decided to skip posting those inventions completely as they are no longer mine.
- I can’t post most of my physical inventions because I will lose the right to patent them :( There’s a deadline from when you publicly disclose an invention and how long you have to file a patent for it. So a lot of my inventions (the REALLY good ones) I have to keep secret and you will probably NOT see them on this blog for many many years until I save up money, and file the patents.
- I’ve neglected posting because I’ve been busy with paid work, but now that I’ve let go of freelancing I have a lot more time to post.
- Lastly there are a lot of personal projects that I simply must let go of, so I’m going to start posting my failures, past projects stuck in limbo, and little projects in need of a developer. Why not, I’ve got nothing to lose.
Next 2 posts: “One Day This Is How I Will Sell My Game”, and “Invention: Visually Correct Slider UI”. read…
This is a post dedicated to all the things websites have done over the years to piss me off. Some are obvious like my rants against ad overload, others are more obscure like using text-shadow incorrectly and making your site’s text all blurry. I’ve committed some of these atrocities myself in the past. We all have. So it’s important we learn from them. If you have any to add please do so in the comments, I’ll post them here. read…
Every time a new gadget that can browse the internet comes out (Laptop, Netbook, Phone, Tablet) a certain group of people collectively line up to take turns shouting from the mountaintops about how the desktop’s days are numbered. Annoying the piss out of the rest of us who don’t jump to conclusions and think before we speak. These are the same guys who decades ago, after seeing airplanes for the first time, wrote articles about how we’d all be in flying cars by the year 2000. Heck saying desktops are dead is like saying “Entertainment centers with 50″ flat screen TVs and surround sound are dead.” after seeing the iPod play video. read…